Monday, August 10, 2009

SURELY YOU’RE NOT SERIOUS



So it’s the summer of 1980 - a mere 29 years ago! Did I just say that? Well, anyways, it’s the summer of 1980 and a 14-year-old immature boy goes to see the film, Airplane! I laughed so hard thoughout the whole movie, that when it ended, I paid for the movie again... and again. Watched in 3 times in one afternoon.

Is that sad?

It is the end of summer, and I am in a mall in Toronto, minding my own immature business, when who should I see? Leslie Nielsen himself!! Surely you’re not serious, I think to myself. Then I realize, that I am serious, just don’t call me Shirley. (It was funnier in the movie.)

Could this be? One of the stars of the film that was my favourite, I am now meeting - only two months after laughing my ass off?? I had him sign the back of my student card (scan to come).

Was it meant to be? I did not know at the time, but now I do.

My celebrity Law of Attraction - It’s an entirely different kind of flying altogether! Again, it was funnier in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment