Monday, October 5, 2009

IT’S ALL GREEK TO ME



August 31, 2009 - vacationing in Los Angeles with my wife and son - the middle child - need I say more. Of course, no trip to LA is complete without lunch at the famed, Ivy restaurant.

Reservations are at noon. We eat. No celebrity sigtings. What’s up with that? The wife and child want to leave. I don’t - I know a celebrity will show up - I just know it.

And so we wait. A few more coffees, more ice water, some more dessert, stalling and waiting for at least one celebrity sighting. And then it happens.

Nia Vardalos. Who? The star of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I have had my celebrity fix, albeit Nia Vardalos is not much of a celebrity fix. But hey, that’s not the best part of the story - it’s just the beginning of my Law of Attraction encounter.

Next morning, we are on the flight home to Toronto. Older plane - no movie screens on the seat. No satellite radio or TV stations to watch. There is only ONE movie playing on the flight ...

My Life In Ruins, starring (you guessed it) Nia Vardalos!

Was I surprised? Of course not. Seeing the Greek actress was only a sign of greater things to come - The Law of Attraction. There is a greater power out there - and in this case, it was all Greek to me - literally! Opah!!

1 comment: