Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WILLEM DAFOE - WHAT A RELIEF!


I try my best to attend the wonderful, Toronto International Film Festival. every year. And of course, being the celebrity journalist I am, I try to attend the film festival galas. Such was the time in September, 2002 when the film, Auto Focus (starring Greg Kinnear and Willem Dafoe) was premiered.

In addition, to trying my best to attend premieres, I also try my best to get a great seat - to best see the celebs on stage or when they enter the theatre or wish them good luck or tell them how great they were in their performance. This was not the case at this premiere. My seat sucked. I mean, really sucked!

How was I ever to come in contact with the stars of this film?

I watched the film - a wonderul biopic about Hogans Heroes star, Bob Crane. Although I enjoyed the film, I definitely did not enjoy my lack of coming in contact with a celeb.

Then nature called - brought on by my Grande Starbucks coffee.

Off to the urinal I go (sounds like a children’s song doesn’t it?).

As I am standing at the urinal, relieving myself, I was even more relieved to find the incredible Mr. Dafoe relieving himself next to me. I mean I was relieved! What a relief - finally I made my celebrity contact! Who would have thought that I would have my relief while relieving? OK, OK, I am totally over-killing this joke.

Mr. Dafoe finished his business before I did and began to walk to the sink. I too, finished by business - well, I was not actually finished but I forced myself to stop mid-stream so that my timing to meet Willem would coincide with his handwashing stage.

I don’t recall what I said to Mr. Dafoe (I am sure it was something like, ’What a relief to meet you!’).

OK, I’ll stop now.

The point is this: just when you think you have given up, The Law Of Attraction answers what you ask for and envision. I envisioned meeting a celebrity. The urinal? Not so much.

And for those who are wondering, Willem Dafoe does wash his hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment